Friday 26 January 2007

recycling - some practice projects

i fancy trying some recycling projects, so here are my practice runs, a piece of transparent blue shower curtain went towards this little lined purse, but i'm not quite sure if i like it...




And this lined drawstring backpack was made from a former favourite jumper (sweater), I probably should have read up on making backpacks a bit more, beforehand, I think the straps might have been better attached lower... Ore maybe I should start using actual patterns...




And finally, not recycling related, but here my first attempt at machine appliquee (using satin stitch), good job it will be hidden away in the utility room - as expected it's not a perfect result! But I'll definitely try again - but i won't use the pinking shears, and i'll know where to leave the needle when i turn...

No comments: