Wednesday 28 February 2007

smock bib for a little boy

I made that smock bib I was talking about the other day!



I used cotton fabric from a thrifted shirt, I made the bias tape for the neck and arm openings from the same fabric and handstitched it in at our stitch and bitch night.



At the moment there are just the ties at the back but I might add some snap fastenings, I'll have to see what my friend says after she tried it on the wriggly little boy!



I machine appliqueed the little mushrooms, the tight satin stitch really puckered the fabric, I still have to figure out how to do this properly (it's only the second time I've tried it).

2 comments:

mariannealice said...

I love those mushrooms! What a cute smock (I really love those mushrooms!!)

futuregirl said...

These are the cutest little mushrooms. :)