Sunday 30 August 2009

green grass

i know i shouldn't have, but i bought this nail polish today! green grass (236). i usually try and buy just one nail polish per year, because i only use it on my toes and with careful application (i do a base coat, two coats of colour and a clear top coat) it lasts for nearly a month, so you can do the maths. but - it's grass green! i didn't have one of those! i have 'coralicious', and a dark turquoise and a hot pink, and a more muted pink called 'frisky clover', and a nearly black purple that i never use. but the perfect green was missing.
i love opaque, non-pearly polishes, and i love mad colours, but they have to work without a tan. i like wearing my birkenstocks, which, without nail polish, can look very very alternative; and i have a few pairs of coloured sandals, that look even better with a bright colour on my nails (today i was teaming bright yellow sandals with dark turquoise nails). if i had better finger nails i would use it on them, too but mine are so thin and weak, they don't survive the taking off of polish, and start to splinter and seperate.
ah the shallowness... to get excited about nail polish!

1 comment:

Sadhbh @ Where Wishes Come From said...

Hi, love the green polish - I have a bright yellow one that I love on my toenails in the summertime!
I just thought I'd stop by and say I love your blog. I've been reading it for a few months and have just added you to the 'blogs I like to visit' list on my very own, brand spanking new, blog.
I hope that's ok. Please feel free to stop by mine for a visit anytime!http://wherewishescomefrom.blogspot.com/